Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tidying up the blog....

ok...I figured out how to make this fabulous smilebox scrapbook thing full of fun photos...but I can't figure out to put it in the middle of my blog instead of off to the side. It still works off to the side...but would look much better in the middle. Anyone know how to fix that?? There's music that goes along with that scrapbook...but it seems to collide with my playlist. I don't quite know what to do with that either. It sounds like they play at the same time. With this discovery (the smilebox) I have found a whole new avenue with which to kill many hours on the computer. It's fun and all in the name of preserving memories for posterity, right?? so it's ok.

I was going to change up my playlist...for all you Johnny Cash haters out there.....but that site is down currently. So you'll just have to enjoy him a bit longer (welcome to my childhood...I'll just throw in some Merl Haggard, Jim Neighbors and any other old timey country I can think of and it'll be complete!)

I am so excited for this holiday season! Just to be able to spend some down time with family. We are planning a quick trip for a few days and haven't let the kids know where we are going. (Wisconsin Dells, don't tell them until after Sunday) Cooper said he hopes it's someplace warmer than here. I told him it's actually colder than here, but he won't care (because there are HUGE indoor water parks...he'll be swimming and sliding and having a blast!). Matt got us a really nice room with a hot tub and fireplace on the balcony which overlooks the lake. Then we get to come home and have Christmas! Then it's Cooper's birthday. Poor kid. Although he doesn't seem to mind having his birthday over the holidays yet. For him, it's just all his favorite things rolled into one fun-filled Christmas vacation. He just figured out that he will never ever have to go to school on his birthday because it will always fall over Christmas break. That made him very happy. I can't believe he's going to be 10! (Don't even ask how old that makes me...can't believe that either)

Walker's grown up teeth are growing in nicely. We watched the newest Indiana Jones in our ghetto-fabulous basement (I'll have to take photos....a big screen TV ((way nicer than our old ones upstairs)) in our unfinished basement, in front of 2 game chairs and one queen size bed...it's great to watch movies that way!! The bed was set up down there from when Matt was working a long stretch of nights...we never took it down and now I know why!) But anyway....we rented that video to watch the other night. We saw this movie in the theaters when it first came out (a year ago?) but not since. Walker would say...'oh! I like this part!', or ' this is the red ant part' before it actually got to that part. He remembered so many details that I had totally forgotten. I was quite surprised that he actually remembered that much.

Reese is getting closer to walking. She's taken a couple of steps and now stands on her own quite regularly. She's such a slowpoke about motor skills. Guess I should have taken a few more prenatal vitamins! (Kidding Reese! If you ever read this....) She climbs all of the stairs now...so I can no longer count on the fact that she'll stay on the same level of the house as I am. But she's easy to find...just follow the trail of destruction.

Well...I have now spent 3 hours on the computer...so I'm going to bed now!

No comments: